Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Permanent Marker!!!

As you can see by the title today was NOT a good day here in the Taylor home!! It all started sometime around 5:00am, Sammi had fallen out of bed and was crying and Spencer was up for work so he had gone in there to get her back to bed. I went in there and said she could just come to bed with me because that way I knew she would go back to sleep, so I thought!! As I was dosing off and so was she, she asked me to put her back in her bed which is not unusual, that is what usually happens and she goes back to sleep! Well NOT this morning. I put her back in bed and I went back to bed myself. Mind you I am a pretty light sleeper, but not this morning!! I woke up to Sammi saying "Mommy I broke all the eggs in my room!" I jumped out of bed and was all great! Then I looked at her and she was covered in black PERMANENT marker!! I was thinking she just colored on herself until I went to get some dish towels out of the kitchen to clean up the 9 eggs she had broken all over her play kitchen in her room, yes there was a big puddle of eggs all over the carpet!! But when I came out to the kitchen I saw the fridge, and the stove and just cried she was already in time out and started crying too!! I was soo upset!!! After cleaning up the egg I saw her little slide in her room and all her little people and tinker bell figurines, Then I saw the wall and the speakers and the window sill not much longer after that! We keep the dog locked up at night because I know if Sammi gets up that is the first place she goes, she likes letting Caster out, but we lock him in there so I will hear her opening the kennel! and know she is awake if I already didn't! I didn't hear ANY of this going on this morning!! The dog kennel was unlocked but Caster was asleep in his kennel, I am sure he didn't want any part of what she was doing!! ha ha!! Well I got the marker off of the Fridge which mind you, we have had only 2 months!! The marker off the cabinet, stove, the speakers, the slide and tried to get it off her little people and tinker bell figurines as much as I could! I should just throw the tinker bell figurines away they don't look too good!! I am going to tackle the walls and the window sill with a magic eraser tomorrow!! We might have to paint, but I will def. try to get what I can off!! The last picture below is the BEST stuff ever at removing permanent marker, along with the magic erasers. The magic eraser wouldn't take all of it off but with the combination of the two it worked wonders!!! Sammi was in trouble all day, we were supposed to go to her little class and go to the park which didn't happen and she as not allowed to watch any TV today! She walked around with a sad face until after she got up from her nap! Spencer and I both had a talk with her! She is a smart girl and I know she knows!! What a day!!! I know tomorrow will be better and we live and learn!!

Our brand new fridge!!

Our beautiful cabinet!!

Our nice white stove!!
Our beautiful accent wall!
Another wall!
The first speaker!!
And the second speaker!!
Just part of the window sill!
Her slide!
Her arm, she had it on her face and her legs too! But the arm was the worse!!
The wonderful cleaner that got it off!!!

8 comments:

The Williams Family said...

OMG is all i can say !!! one day youll laugh about this.... i love you

Sarah said...

Everyone has been through something like this. I have always had my Sharpie markers locked up high but someone gave my kids markers that weren't washable and they drew on the walls with those. Not even Magic Eraser got it off!

Good luck with this motherhood thing. Some days are definitely harder than others.

Catherine Noorda said...

i'm so sorry! oh no! i've had kids put paint on my carpet and that doesn't come out too well. luckily the paint spill was under the air hockey table.

how's your pregnancy going and when are you due? i'm due dec. 10th but i don't know what i'm having yet. i'm excited for a third.

let's get together soon!

Abby said...

Oh!! MY!!!! she Really Did a Number On The House.. I'm so Happy That You Got Most Of It Off..Love ya Mom

Jaime said...

oh Shanti!!!!! I am so glad that you got most of it off. I am going to try that stuff. Don't you just love how notty they can be one minute and how cute they can be the next. Give her kisses for me!!!!! Next time I see you the Diet Dr. Pepper is on me.

Payton Armijo said...

Shanti!!!!!! I am soooo sorry. I know how much work these little buggers are but oh my gosh!! What a little stinker! I hate markers and won't allow them anywhere in my house so I totally understand. I hope you got that lock for the door. Believe me it is the best invention ever and the safest for everyone!!! love you!!!

Lindsey said...

OMG! I am SO glad Sarah isn't capable of such things yet. I am glad you were able to get most of it off...I will remember that cleaner for future reference.

Potter Family said...

haha she was busy! i am glad you found that cleaner. i am going to get some of that!