Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spencer Michael Taylor

As many of you know heavenly father blessed us with our baby boy Spencer on August 29! Here is the story of how our little boy entered this world! My Dr. had to take my cerclage out early due to my contractions. The following day Spencer drove with the girls to Bakersfield to be there for his brother Mikey's wedding. He was going to hurry home if I went into labor! My mom flew in to be with me so I was not alone. We had a lot of fun together the next couple of days! I will admit it was soo nice to have my mom all to myself!! Thank you mom for coming and staying with me!! The wedding was on Friday afternoon and the reception was in the evening. It was really weird I started contracting right when the wedding was over, I took one of my pills terbutaline to stop my contractions but they were not stopping!! My mom called Spencer and told him he should come! Of course about 2 hours later they had stopped!! Spencer and his mom and the girls drove all night to get there, they arrived around 3:00am. We all went to bed and woke up it the morning and hung around the house. We all were able to take a nap and when we woke up the contractions started again!! They started out about 15 min apart and then got to 5 minutes apart. We all got in the car and dropped the girls off with Dawn and Megan Tatum who the girls absolutely love!! Thank you guys soo much for taking them!! And we were off to the hospital! When we got there the contractions were 2 minutes apart! They got us in the room and after about 20min. told me they were going to keep me, keep so I told them to get that epidural in route!! ha ha!! My labor and delivery nurse was the best I have ever had!! Her name was Haze and she was so funny!! Come to find out she too was LDS so that just made it even better!!! I was soo happy to have Spencer and both of our moms there!! Well during my labor little Spencers heart rate started to drop a lot so they got Spencer all suited up to take me in for a C-Section.His heart rate started to normalize so I was good to go!! It was really scary though! Poor Spencer was so worried! Our moms had gone to grab a bite to eat in the cafeteria so when they got back they were like what in the world, when they saw Spencer all suited up!! When I was pushing they realized the baby was post terior, meaning facing up so we was stuck so they had to use the vacuum to get him out, not only that but I had a placenta abrubtion, meaning my placenta tore away from my uterus, so the baby ingested a ton of my blood. Our little Spencer came into this world at 7:32pm weighing 6lbs. 8oz and was 19 1/2 inches long! After he came out they took him right over to the little heat table to suction all the blood he had ingested. He was a month early so between him ingesting my blood and his little lungs not being quite ready he was put into the level 3 NICU. He was there first level 3 patient. The poor little guy stayed there for a week. He was on oxygen and on a feeding tube the firs 6 days of his life. They had to give him servectin for his lungs and he was also on an antibiotic. On day one our dear friend Pat Thompson came to the hospital and Spencer gave our little Spencer a blessing! Each day he progressed, I was able to hold him on day 3 for about 5 min. so that was soo nice! I had only held him for a min. when he was born. On day 3 he had a little set back and they had to put him on a si-pap machine, but they were able to take him off of it the following day. He was a little jaundice on day 4 so they had him under the lights for a couple of days. In the middle of the night on day 5 they started to feed him a little, it was so nice to be able to hold and feed him regularly. I was able to nurse him a little starting on day 6. He came home that Saturday!! During his stay at the hospital we were able to room there for free, what a blessing that was. We didn't want to leave him. We would go home to see the girls during the afternoon for a couple of hours and then hurry back to the hospital. The girls were such troopers during all of this. Thank you to both our moms for all you did for us!! We are truly grateful. The girls were so excited when we went to go pick him up to bring him home!! They couldn't wait to hold him!! Thank you all for all your prayers! Here are some pictures of our eventful week! Waiting for them to let us in!
On our way to labor and delivery

We got in our room at 3:39pm and delivered him at 7:32pm!
Waiting for him to come!
Spencer all suited up and me on oxygen
Our little guy!
6lbs 8oz, look at his head! He had the biggest cone head ever!!
Our little blessing!
Soo cute!!
Loving our new baby boy!
Daddy and his boy!
Under the lights in the NICU
His little set back
Spencer holding little Spencer in the NICU
Me holding Spencer in the NICU
So sweet!
Sariah so excited to see baby brother!
Bringing him home!!
Sammi already being a little mommy!!
Sammi holding and loving her baby brother!
Sariah so exctied and trying to touch his eyes!!
Taking it all in!!
Love it!!!
Our little Spencer on his second day at home! Welcome home little guy! We love you!!

1 comment:

lacey said...

OH my gosh!!! He is soo cute :) Thanks for getting pics up! I'm sure the NICU was scary!! My boy was only in the nicu for 4 days and it wasn't level 3 and i was scared, i can only imagine. I love you :)